Teaching at UW (Lab Instructor)
- IS 300: Introduction to Information Systems, 2022-2023 (Lab Evaluation: 4.8/5.0)
- MSIS 549: Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence For Business Applications, 2022-2023
- MSIS 512: Information Security in a Networked World, 2022-2023
- IS 460: Systems Analysis and Design, 2022-2023
- IS 451: Business Data Analytics (incl. notes preparation and review sessions), 2023-2024
- IS 445: Database Management, 2021-2022, 2023-2024
- IS 410: Networks and Cybersecurity, 2021-2022
- Journal Reviewer: Production and Operations Management, Journal of Management Information Systems
- Conference Program Committee Member: INFORMS Workshop on Data Science (WDS 2023)
- Conference Reviewer: Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST 2022, 2023), International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2023), INFORMS Workshop on Data Science (WDS 2023), Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2023)
For Pre-doctoral Students
I am thrilled to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and it would be my honor to assist you with your graduate program applications, particularly Ph.D. programs. I also believe that motivation and a shared commitment to hard work are essential.
To ensure that each project receives the proper attention and focus, I limit the number of pre-doctoral students I work with to a maximum of two at any given time. This approach allows us to explore interesting projects and enhance our research skills in a collaborative environment.
I kindly encourage you to take the time to reflect on your decision, and I would like to assure you that your background should not be a hindrance, as motivation and dedication are key factors in cultivating any skill.
Teaching and Mentoring Philosophy from Herbert A. Simon
1. “Teaching is not entertainment, but it is unlikely to be successful unless it is entertaining (the more respectable word is interesting.)”
2(a). “I advise my graduate students to pick a research problem that is important (so that it will matter if it is solved), but one for which they have a secret weapon that gives some prospect of success.”
2(b). “One of the first rules of science is if somebody delivers a secret weapon to you, you better use it.”